Monday, September 5, 2016

Holiday weekend

I cannot tell you how much I was looking forward to this longer weekend.  The start of the school year takes some adjusting so it is a nice way to ease into the new routine of a school year.  I have been able to get most of the zigzag for baby quilted - plan to finish today and get the binding on.  I am close to finishing another shawl so it seems right to pick up some yarn for my next project.  This will be a mystery shawl from Gudrun Johnston.  The pattern will be release in 4 parts over a month.  I have not worked with lace weight before so I am looking forward to this.  We also found a nice coupon in our email so I picked up a new book.  I have been reading a lot of non-fiction lately but not as much fiction.  This one had me hooked in the first few pages.
Happy Monday!

5 comments:

Valerie Reynolds said...

I'm right there with ya!!! ENJOY and rejuvenate!

Lori said...

Enjoy!

Judy S. said...

Happy Labor Day! That book is on our shelf, too! Nice to hear that it's as good as the reviews promised.

karen said...

glad you had a three day weekend and I hope this school year treats you kindly!! Loved the photos.

Janie said...

I love your header, the hand stitching is great!
Shawls are wonderful.