Wednesday, September 21, 2016

books and yarn

I am having trouble tracking my days lately.  We have made some staff schedule changes at work and then my Tuesday evening activity that I have had for at least 8 years, has been moved to Wednesday so my days are sort of mushed together.  But, I know that today is Wednesday and that means yarn and book - lovely!
I went to hear Ann Patchett talk on Monday evening.  She is a wonderful writer and an excellent speaker.  A great way to start the week.  And, because we have season tickets to this series of author talks, we received a copy of her new book.  I am looking forward to reading this but may wait until I finish another novel in muy TBR stack.  I am making my way on a mystery shawl.  It is fun to have my daughter knitting this pattern too.  I am not going to be able to keep up with the clues - partly because I knit slowly but also because there are many ends to be woven in and I am trying to do that along the way.  But I love my yarn and the colors.
Off to see what this day holds.  It is almost fall!  Think I will link up with Ginny today - its been awhile.

3 comments:

steph said...

two friends just finished commonwealth and LOVED it...i think it might make it into our 'reads' for our bookclub next year. We're within easy (2.5 hr) driving distance of Ann Patchett's bookstore Parnassus in Nashville....I've never been that I haven't come home with amazing books that woman has recommended. Hope you enjoy!

Love the shawl...great fall colours.

karen said...

I wish I lived in a city where I could hear authors talk....that is the downside of a very small town. When you do read her book, I'd like to know what you think of it.

Lori said...

How fun to have author talks so often! One of the big benefits of living int he city vs small town.