Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Yarn and books

I was making nice progress on my
Antarktis shawl until a rather chaotic flight home.  I thought I could just frog back a few rows and get back on track but it wasn't to be.  So, I pulled it out, rewound the yarn, and began again.  It is a lovely pattern and very soothing to knit.  I am happy to be knitting this shawl with my London yarn.
I also started reading this book by Diana Nyad.  I am going to hear her speak next month and thought it would be good to read her book.  She is not much older than me so I love reading about how she continues to pursue her dreams.  She has not had an easy life which was new information for me.  It is a good book to be reading in these last days of summer break when my mind is wandering back to school and all the excitement and work of launching a new school year.
My list of books to read and yarns projects to knit keeps growing.  Be sure to visit Ginny to see some of the lovely inspriation.

3 comments:

karen said...

we are knitting that same pattern, yay! I'm sorry you had a crazy flight home, I'm not a fan of flying!!

steph said...

I loved knitting that pattern...maybe it's time for a return to it. (Yes, I'm a lemming sometimes!!!!) Love the colour you have chosen!!!

Jessica said...

Yes, I think my book list has grown tremendously despite the many books I've finished. But what a fun problem to have! #allthebooksandyarn