Wednesday, August 10, 2016

yarn and books - audio versions

I know it is summer - look at the calendar!  But we are having some seriously grey days here.  Perfect for yarn and audio books!  I have been listening to Ron Chernow's Alexander Hamilton.  This book has been recommended by some very special folks but it is quite a hefty book so I opted for the audio book.  It will take awhile (I think it is 36 hours) but since I am back at work, I do spend a fair amount of time in my car.
I am closing in.
I am making good progress on my Antaktis.  It is really a much lighter green in real life but that grey thing makes photography tough.  I think I will have this one off the needles by the weekend and then I am planning to tackly the sleeves on my sweater.
Be sure to visit Ginny today.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

That pattern is beautiful- and everyone is knitting it right now!! Haha!! Audiobooks are the best, I hope you enjoy yours. We are in WA too but Yakima area is getting loads of sun, as we usually do in the summer. You must be on the other side of the mountains!

Lori said...

Audiobooks are perfect for passing time in the car!

Lisa said...

I'm in SW WA in the Cascade foothills, so I hear you on the weather. It was 60 here the other day. But it looks like heat is coming our way this weekend. Ugh. Happy knitting :)

karen said...

after being super busy I hope to get back to my antarktis shawl soon. That is one big book!!

the habit of being said...

What a beautiful pattern! I'm wondering if there isn't something in my stash that needs to be knit up into a similar shawl...

Cathy said...

I skipped on over to your ravelry page to see the shawl pattern (and better color). I think I would love this shawl too. Please do show the completed shawl...in some place, I would love to see it!

steph said...

i've picked up that book several times at the bookstore....i agree---audio is really the way to go. are you still enjoying it???