Monday, August 1, 2016

Hello August

Last week I spent a few days in New York City with my sister.  She will be moving to Manhatten soon for a new job so we went apartment hunting.  What an experience!  Fortunately, we were successful and had time to play for the rest of the trip.  We did a lot of walking and on our last day, I came across this message, stenciled on the sidewalk.  My summer is winding down and I will be heading back to work.  I try to do it in bits and pieces, a few hours this week, a few more next week.  There is still a lot of summer weather and the days are plenty long so I will appreciate bike rides and long runs, berry picking and fresh salads, reading and knitting on the deck, and stitching up the next border on my Gwennie quiltalong medallion. 
My currently list includes:
Listening to The Blue Sweater
Reading Diana Nyad's book
Knitting a lovely shawl
Watching a wonderful BBC series
Eating fresh veggies
Drinking enough water to balance out the coffee
Starting the month with a Bible study

2 comments:

Lori said...

What a fun post. Love the goals!

karen said...

how nice that you and your sis got to spend time together!!