Monday, August 29, 2016

Goodbye summer

It has been a good summer.  There was fabric and yarn, travel and time at home.  I saw some beautiful morning skies as I ran and kept up with my half marathon training.  I didn't read as much as I had hoped and there are some home projects that are left undone.  But summer is over and we are ready to welcome children back into our classrooms.  That means changes in my daily schedule.
I was reading Lori's post out reframing this morning and I began to wonder how I could hold on to pieces of that summer feeling even as we get back into the school year routine.  Haven't figured it out just yet but you can be sure that I will keep pondering.
Would love to hear ideas about keeping the balance, resisting the hustle bustle, and holding on to joy.

4 comments:

Jean Etheridge said...

My solution was to retire from teaching. I think 40 years in middle school English is enough. I was not finding the joy I should have felt in teaching (district policies, testing stress, ridiculous tests, more tests, less creativity allowed...). Many people have told me how I am too young to retire and that I would miss it, but honestly, school has been in session for a month, and I am a happy camper, so far. Lots of quilting, reading, and a couple of trips!

Lori said...

Surrounding yourself with little reminders helps me. A ring, a tattoo, a photo just at the right place brings me back to center.

karen said...

I am more than ready to say goodbye to summer especially the heat! However, my husband loves summer and every time I talk about fall it's just too soon for him to think about.

Lynn Koeppen said...

Don't give up the things you love to do because you are too busy! Put them on the schedule and keep to the schedule! It's hard to do but you're important!