Friday, August 5, 2016

Fiber Friday

Happy Friday!  I am trying to stay with the vacation mood just a bit longer although return to work has begun.  I am fortunate to be able to ease into the new school year, a few hours this week, a few more hours next, and then back to it.
I have been working on the four patches that will form the final border for my gray basket quilt.  I think this will be the final border but we will see.  I have about 80% of the patches sewn and hope to get that done before the end of August.  I also need to think about the next addition to my Gwennie quilt.
I believe I have mentioned my love for notebooks.  In July, I took a one book challenge - using my traveler's notebook for the whole month, putting all other lovely journals to the side.  It was a good time to think about what I want to carry every day and what I want to use for recording lists and appointments and ideas.  This week I have moved my planning and wallet into a most beautiful notebook.  This one is made by the lovely Rowena. (even if you are not looking to purchase a notebook, please read her story) It is slightly larger than the notebook I have carried since October (also one of Rowena's notebooks) but still a very manageable size.  I use it as a wallet in addition to storing my planner insert and my journal insert so it does not add anything to my purse. 
Enjoy your Friday.  I am looking forward to an iced coffee while I do some planning and listmaking later today on the deck!

5 comments:

Valerie Reynolds said...

I have one more week of summer break....thus in preparing for the new school year have started to pick my "school" journal for the year. The one I'll use at meetings...notes....lists. (Doodles too) :)

karen said...

I don't think I could live in one notebook! I have my journal, my planner, my prompt writing etc....however I do love the idea of a catchall place!!

Caffeine Girl said...

I love notebooks, too! I have quite a few going, but I'm going to try to collapse some of them together into a bullet journal. Have you heard of this system?
I have been doing a bit of work for school all summer. Because I'm changing schools, I don't have a key to my new office yet. This is frustrating, but I'll get there eventually.

steph said...

i have a midori that i'd love to use as my wallet, too, but i just haven't done the switch successfully---yet. and I don't know why. I have a zippered insert in the travel journal....and card slots. ?????? this really should work, shouldn't it???? tell me it will work?!!!!!

Kurt Schindler said...


The paper cutter in the background of your photo brings back memories of the days that I taught kindergarten. I have since retired and do quilting as a full time hobby - well not quite.

I enjoy your blog. Hope you enjoy the new school year.

Charlotte