Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Yarn along

It has been too long since I have fallen into a story.  I have been reading a lot of non-fiction lately but the novels I have brought home from the library have just not caught my attention.  I heard about this book a few times but the wait list is very long.  Then I got a coupon for a local bookstore and found it was already on sale.  I read the first third of the book in one sitting, absolutely drawn into the story.  I hope this is the book that breaks my reading drought.
I have a hat on my needles, simple enough to knit while watching TV.  I am just a few inches from the edge of my cardigan and beginning to think about how I will knit the sleeves.  
Heading over to Ginny's to see what others are reading and knitting this week.

13 comments:

Laura Gesin said...

So many people are talking about that book! I may just have to buy it. Love the yarn in that pic - what is it?

Alina said...

It's also been awhile for me since fiction novel really got me in. I am enjoying reading biographies right now. Thank you for recommending this books, I have to look it up!

Leanne Coppola said...

I just read that book and I couldn't put it down. I too had been wanting a book that I could devour and get lost in. Enjoy!!!!!!

Lori said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I've started a new one and so far, so good, but it is hard to tell whee it is going.

Natalie Buehler said...

I have only managed one book so far this year and like you have just not been inspired to read anything :( I will definitely check that title out though, thanks for the recommendation :)
x

Sylvia said...

I guess I will need to go to the library and check out this book. I read every day, but this time of year I usually go for the mindless reads.

karen said...

another book to add to the to read pile!! I love when a book sucks you into a world :)

Kwizgiver said...

I got the audio of that book--I can't wait to start it. Yummy yarn, too.

Caffeine Girl said...

The Girls is supposed to be THE book of the summer. I hope you enjoy the entire thing -- then I may pick up a copy for myself.

Pinkadot Quilts said...

I am about 2/3 finished, I can't wait to see where it goes!

Kylie M-W said...

I have heard such good things about this book - I'll have to reserve it at the library. Love that yarn colour!

akacapa said...

It looks like I am not alone in absolutely loving that yarn color! Very curious what it is.

steph said...

so where have I been??? I haven't even heard of this book before..need to check it out!! Thanks! (Love the knitting!!!!)