Sunday, July 10, 2016

Time to slow down

I took a whirlwind trip down to Oregon to take a class and attend the outdoor show in Sisters.  This was my second time at the quilt show.  It is pretty amazing to see quilts hanging outside and Quilter's wandering around town, visiting and connecting.  I also got to hang out with Lori and meet some of her friends including Anna .  It was like rubbing elbow with the quilt blog celebrities!
I took a class with Sujata Shah.  I really enjoyed exploring her free form cutting and piecing ideas.  

I made the rail fence from her book last summer.

Here I am making blocks for the Windmills quilt. I I'll get them up on my design wall this week. 
I am looking forward to a pretty low key week and some time for hand stitching my CUPPA blocks and sitting on the deck with a book and a cup of coffee.
Be sure to take some time to slow down this week and visit Kathy to see how others are slowing down this weekend.


12 comments:

Judy S. said...

Sounds like fun! It's been a long time since we've been to Sisters; it's a great place.

Sarah said...

I would love to see wonderful quilts hanging outside for all to see. What fun! Sadly nothing like that in the uk......far to much rain!

CathieJ said...

Someday I have to get to the Sisters quilt show. I'm looking forward to seeing your projects.

Deb A said...

That looks so fun every year. One of these day's I need to plan that as a special vacation I think.

Melissa said...

Wow, that looks like something I would love to take my Mama to as we love seeing quilts. (And she loves making them!)

Michelle said...

It was nice meeting you and spending quilt show morning with you.

Michelle said...

It was nice meeting you and spending quilt show morning with you.

Quilter Kathy said...

What an exciting outing!
Enjoy your relaxing stitching today!

The Cozy Quilter said...

The Sisters quilt show is on my bucket list!

Lori said...

I'm so glad you came! I hope you get to slow down this week.

karen said...

how did they get those quilts up there? gorgeous!! looks like such a fun time :)

cozykoza32a@gmail.com said...

It's nice to be quiet and relax. Glad you could do that.
Kathleen Mary