Sunday, July 3, 2016

Sunday stitches

I just read Kathy's post on Slow Stitching this Sunday and I am feeling very convicted.  I am officially on summer break and my habit is to load up a list of things that I want to get done that is unrealistic.  Well, not this year.  Instead, I ended up getting sick two days before my break even began.  That is one way to stop me in my tracks.  I was happy to have this lovely quilt ready for hand stitching.  I curled up on the couch and alternated between napping and stitching.  So instead of making a long list of projects and tasks, I am going to savor a few more days of taking it slowly and spending time with people I love.  Seems like a much better way to launch into summer.

Visit Kathy to read more about doing less, slowly.

8 comments:

Julierose said...

this is such a beautiful quilt--it's a great way to take a break from the hustle and bustle...hugs, Julierose

CathieJ said...

What a pretty quilt. I hope you are feeling better and enjoying your stitching.

cozykoza32a@gmail.com said...

Wonderful just to enjoy life and go slow.
Kathleen Mary
https://kathysnest32.wordpress.com/

Jennie in GA said...

Good for you!! Unfrenzied is the best. Happy 4th!!

Jess said...

Napping and crafting sound like wonderful choices! There is plenty of time for list making in the fall :)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Happy Summer and congrats on your newly completed quilt!! Sorry that your break got off to a rocky start. Here's hoping that you will use your vacation for good... SEWING!!!

karen said...

stunning and gorgeous quilt!!

Melissa said...

Hope you are feeling better! Such a happy colorful quilt! I was sick last week & took time to rest and read and just recuperate, too.