Wednesday, July 27, 2016

off the needles

Last week I cast on a Gooseberry hat in this lovely Madiline Tosh yarn.  I used a slighly larger needle and did 6 wedges instead of 8.  It was a quick knit.
I also cast on the Antarktis shawl recommended by Caffine Girl with my green Uncommon Thread yarn.  I have the first section completed and I think it will make a lovely traveling project.
My next job is to find a book or two to take on my travels.  I am about 80% sure I will take my Kindle so I can download a few books - just to be sure I have the right book!  My reading has been all over the place lately but I am going to some author talks in the fall so this might be a good time to read some of the books written by those authors.

Be sure to visit Ginny today - unless you do not want to be tempted by more lovely knitting projects and books!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Such a cute hat! Nice job!

Lisa said...

Love all that color and texture! :)