Friday, July 29, 2016

Gwennie QAL - Log cabin border

The third border was to be log cabin inspired.  I knew right away that I wanted to do some of the liberated log cabin blocks that I first made in a class with Gwen over 20 years ago.  In that class, I was working with plaids and made a border for an appliqued moose and trees.
This time I decided to use the scraps from the quilt I had just made at my class in Sisters.  I started cutting little strips and piecing like crazy.  The beauty of these wonky blocks is that nothing needs to match!
I am pretty happy with the direction this quilting is taking me.  Lot of fun and color happening here.
Looking foward to round 4.
Happy Friday.  Hope there is some fiber in your day.

Be sure to visit Lori's blog to see the other medallion quilts.

18 comments:

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Great border and I love your medallion overall! The way the flowers extend over the red frame - so cute.

Sue said...

Love,love,love it!

Lori said...

Adorable!!

Melissa said...

This is turning out great!

Cathy said...

Perfect border for your quilt. I love it. Hugs

Lynn Dykstra said...

I love the tilt of the center!

CecileD said...

Oh this border is sooooo fun ! Congrats !

Karen said...

Your liberated log cabin blocks work well with the tilted basket medallion. An interesting piece for sure.

Debra said...

So cool! You are definitely liberated! Love the way this is coming out.. can't wait to see your next round with stars.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Love it! I am so impressed by everyone's creativity!

Béa said...

I love love love ! XXX

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Love your wonky log cabins--so perfect with your center!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Fabulous - full of color and fun!

Sharon said...

Wow! I love it! Your log cabins are perfect for your charming center. Great work! And I'm glad someone else has log cabins as liberated as mine. *grin*

Handmade by Joan said...

Your quilt looks so carefree and fun!

Nancy said...

What fun those cabins are. They just enhance the rest of the quilt.
--Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

Debra @ Life is a Stitch said...

GREAT log cabin border!! That is exactly what I had in mind for mine, but when the fabrics were sewn together, it looked nothing like I imagined. lol Some unsewing and remaking, and I came up with my almost-liberated version. lol Can't wait to see what you come up with next!!!

Angie in SoCal said...

Absolutely perfect border for this Gwennie challenge and it goes so well with your other month's work. I like it.