Sunday, July 24, 2016

going around in circles

The calendar on my desk tells me that we are 206 days into the year.  I have 49 circles to show - not even close to one a day for this project.  I have gone around and around about these circles.  I even declared that I was not going to continue.  During my great summer purge, I found many small pieces of fabric, just the right size for one circle.  So I cut them and stacked them and put them away.  And then I slowly began to baste them to 5" squares until my sewing box was filled with blocks, all ready to sew.  And that is one of the projects that has been keeping me company in the evenings.  Slowly but surely, I am stitching these circles.  I don't believe I will ever get to 365 with Audrey and friends but I am going to keep stitching them until it feels that there are enough and then they will become a lovely little quilt.  Because who doesn't love circles?
Be sure to visit Kathy to see what others are slowly stitching this week.

11 comments:

Julierose said...

Your circles are lovely--I certainly haven't kept up either....but will pick up some more when the spirit moves me....hugs, Julierose

Quilter Kathy said...

Absolutely... who doesn't love circles?!?
You are making your own unique version of this project that fits your life!

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

Those are wonderful circles and the quilt will be beautiful. Keep swimming away at it and finish it when you think its complete, regardless of how many blocks you have.

Jennifer said...

All your circle blocks look wonderful. Don't give up as I'm sure its not a race, just take your time and have fun.

Diane said...

Oh those little circles are so tempting aren't they? I do wish I had joined it, but I guess it's never too late is it.

CathieJ said...

You have to be true to yourself and only stitch what makes you happy. Your circles are very pretty.

Mia is mine said...

I absolutely love your quilt! Seriously! I just started a circle quilt made from scraps from a current projects. Looking forward to future posts on this project!

Jayne Honnold said...

I like the thought of having so many blocks prepped and ready for whenever a slow stitching project is needed. You can just grab it and go! Who needs to worry about meeting some arbitrary deadline?

Stephie said...

It sounds like you've got a lot further than I have! I keep promising myself I'll catch up soon - I might pinch your idea and get a whole bunch prepped! Yours are looking lovely and of course they'll make a great quilt however many you finish up :)

karen said...

beautiful I do hope you get close to 365 that would be cool but I cannot craft under pressure, it takes the fun out of the relaxing I feel!!

Lori said...

So cute!