Monday, June 20, 2016

Making space

Cleaning out and decluttering are seasonal activities for me.  The start of summer break is one of those times.  I read that clutter can affect Cortisol levels in our bodies and I know that Cortisol affects sleep and health.  Just one more reason to get rid of the clutter.
On Sunday, I was looking for a 1/2 yard that I could use for binding.  You would think that I could find something but no!  That is when I decided that I have too many fabrics that are not bringing joy into my sewing life so I decided to purge, ruthlessly!

The first afternoon, I was able to empty 5 bins by refolding and purging.  On day two, I went through my color bins.  These each bin held a color family with mostly smaller sized pieces.  Two hours later, I had that down to one bin of fabrics I love.  I also sorted a few projects that can be finished this summer and have a lovely stack of fabric for my class in Sisters next month.  
Next up, two very full bins of civil was fabric.  
Last week I finished another shawl.  I thought I would begin another shawl but stumbled on a lovely sweater pattern.  I even have enough yarn on hand to knit this sweater.  I am just beginning but I love the way this yarn is knitting up.  
Stay tuned.  It is going to b a great Fiber Friday this week!


3 comments:

Lori said...

Wow! You did do some major purging!

Julierose said...

this is exactly what I have to do--a closet full and cannot find fabrics for projects that I like!! This weekend will be purge-time...nice post...hugs, Julierose

karen said...

I love to do that kind of reorganizing!! Whenever I go through my yarn I find stuff that I have forgotten about! you have a pretty collection :)