Sunday, June 26, 2016

Binding time

The last few days have been about loving my stash.  The big purge has been so good for my creative spirit and giving me the motivation to sew.  First up, the binding for my rail fence, the quilt that started the big purge.  I am working my way around that quilt in the evenings and hope to be done tonight.  
As I was clearing out fabric this weekend, I pulled fabric that would work for pieced backings and bindings.  On Saturday, I made backings for three donation quilts and got them pin basted.  Then I cut some binding for those quilts.  I am determined to whittle down my project piles - keeping only what will bring joy.  
I have enough bags and boxes to fill my trunk so I will be heading to the donation drop-off on Monday. So great to lighten the load a bit.
Back to my slow stitching.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

How nice to be donating all your excess fabric and to be inspired again to sew. Happy stitching!

Julierose said...

So nice to be able to donate like that; I am on a re-organizational spree as my sewing room now includes my scrapbooking stuff, too!!
So, I have to de-stash--bash the stash...hugs, Julierose ;--)))

darlynn said...

Really like that material for a binding! nice finishing touch

Jess said...

Go team, go!! Can't wait to see the quilts.

Quilter Kathy said...

So very brave of you!
Great job!
Enjoy your fun striped binding!

Lori said...

Very nice!

Jennie in GA said...

Congrats!! Good for the soul, but still a hard job.