Sunday, May 15, 2016

quilting along

Lori has started a new collaboration and invited all of us to join her in quilting along with a medallion project inspired by Gwen Marston.  The center block will be a basket but the reveal is not for a few weeks so I will just show you some of the fabrics and one of the pictures that has inspired me from Gwen's Liberated Medallion book.  At the start of May, I made a list of my current projects but that did not deter me from joining this QAL.  My center block is pretty small and I am determined to work from my stash.  There will be a new border every month (each one chosen by one of the collaboraters) so the pace is nice and slow.  I should still have plenty of time to get to work on that baby quilt for a special addition to our family.

I am excited to have a project so I can link up with Kathy and her slow stitching group today.

6 comments:

Deb A said...

Can't wait for the reveal to see your basket.

Lori said...

I like your inspiration! Whoop! Whoop!

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Have fun working on this QAL. Have a great day!

Denise :) said...

Gwen Marston does some fabulous work -- how fun to do a QAL based on one of her projects! :)

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh dear... you tempt me! Sounds like great fun!
Can't wait to see what you make!

Belinda said...

Yes, I like what I see. What you've got there looks great. I haven't committed myself yet, but I keep mulling it over in my head. I haven't done a medallion quilt and I've always wanted to.