Friday, May 27, 2016

Hello Friday



The end of the school year is drawing near and because we had a fairly mild winter, we get an extra day off.  For the first time in years, there was an extra day on our calendar for a snow make-up day but since we didn't need it, we now have a four day weekend.  What a gift!  I have been playing with fabric this morning, mostly cutting out some applique for one of the Cuppa blocks that I cannot show.  But I also started looking at some of the other project piles I have waiting for some attention.  I seem to be favoring bright fabrics right now.  I am going to work on the four patches that will make up the last border of a basket quilt top that has been waiting patiently on my design wall.

Earlier this week, I finished up another shawl.  This one is from Helen Stewart, the Hilltop shawl and was knit from stash yarn - a big goal for me this year.  I finished a smaller shawl for a friend earlier this month so that is two projects off the needles.  I am about 30% on a third shawl that has been in progress since February too.  Of course, it isn't really shawl weather now but I will be ready when it is!
Happy Friday.  Hope there is some fiber in your day or at least your weekend.

2 comments:

Lori said...

How nice to have an extra day off!!
The shawl is so pretty.

karen said...

I love that shawl!!! she is a great designer and I've you to thank when you recommended the pebble beach shawl :) I've signed up for your society group to see what she releases once a month!