Sunday, April 17, 2016

slow stitching Sundays

I had a hard time with the quilting for my little quilt.  I thought I knew what I wanted to do but it was too overpowering so last night I did a bit of un-stitching and this evening I will try a different approach for the border.  Should have it bound and ready to mail by next weekend.
I met up with some lovely ladies yesterday.  We are all doing the Sue Spargo CUPPA quilt.  Someone posted a note in the Yahoo group to see if there were members in this area.  There were 7 of us yesterday and two others who were out of town this month.  It was fun to see all the blocks and stitching.  It was also a bit embarrassing since I have not finished even one block and the 4th one arrived yesterday!  But I am motivated to get those block pieces cut and basted before April comes to an end.  I am in the third mailing group so I don't usually get my blocks until the 3rd week.
Off to link up with Kathy and the slow stitching ladies today.  Be sure to take a look at her blog.

5 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

I like those reds and cream. I am planning a quilt with those colors soon. I really admire those who can hand quilt, I cannot do it.

Lori said...

How fun! Maybe meeting up will spur you on a little. Cute cuppa quilt! I haven't seen that.

Melissa said...

How FUN to meet up with other quilters!

Kaja said...

I like your quilt colours. I hope your new quilting plan works out. How nice to be able to meet up with other quilters and compare notes.

Quilter Kathy said...

Finally getting around to visiting the Slow Sunday Stitching links...
it's so fun to meet other stitchers in real life :)
Hope you enjoyed some hand stitching this week!