Monday, April 11, 2016

Monday musings

The Monday after spring break can be tough so I tried to do a few things to ease the transition.  I have cooked ahead most of the meals for the week and have three lunches ready to go.  Laundry is all caught up.  Cupboards are well stocked.  I even packed up my running gear on Sunday evening just to eliminate any excuse for taking the afternoon off.  
Best of all, I did some sewing and gardening on Sunday - wonderful ways to settle my head and heart.  I have my swap quilt all ready to quilt.  It was really fun to pull fabrics from my stash for this little quilt.  I also got some things taped into my travel journal.  I made little notes every day of our trip to help me hang on to the memories.
Okay Monday, let's get back to work!

5 comments:

Teresa said...

Cute blocks. Are those shoo fly blocks?

Alycia said...

Well - I am impressed - usually the first monday I just wander around in confusion - Love your blocks too! Great fabrics!

Melissa said...

Hope you have a great week back - sounds like you definitely prepared for it! Those quilt squares are great!

Lori said...

Way to get your head and heart ready for the week!

karen said...

you are more than prepared for the after spring break blues! Lovely idea and one I must try!! Have fun sinking into the routine once more.