Monday, April 18, 2016

Kitchen Mondays

One of the bingo boxes for our Wellness Bingo game is to try a new to you vegetable.  I am running out of new veggies but then I saw this at my local market.  It is a Romanesco and is a cross between cauliflower and broccoli.  I admit that I have passed it by a number of times but after conquering my fear of cauliflower, I decided to try it.  I used a bit of coconut oil and sea salt and roasted it in the oven. The edges got nice and crispy and it was lovely.  I would highly recommend this one.
We have been having some beautiful weather and I am thinking about my garden.  I need to get to the garden store for some seeds and seedling but out last frost date isn't until mid-May so I will try to hold off.  I think kale, lettuce, cucumbers, cilantro, some herbs, and squash.  Do you garden?  I love using fresh produce.
Enjoy your Monday.  

No comments: