Monday, April 25, 2016

for the love of coconut

Do you use coconut oil?  Do you like coconut?  I love coconut so I am happy to add it to my smoothies and use coconut oil for my cooking.  Recently, I heard a podcast about the health benefits of coconut oil for people with Alzheimer's disease.  I had these two types of coconut oil in my pantry so I have begun to add them to may coffee and smoothies.  If you want to learn more, visit Dr. Newport's website or look for her book, The Coconut Oil and Low Carb Solution for Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, and other diseases.  I actually found it at my library.  In addition to some very interesting work and research, there are some yummy recipes to try. 
Happy Monday!  Eat well this week.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Love them and use them!

Gayle said...

I love it for removing my eye makeup at the end of each day. Other than that, I've never used it for anything.....