Wednesday, March 9, 2016

words and wool

I fell off the hat making train for a  few months but we have a new project at church to make hats for kids.  This is a great chance to use up some of my smaller skeins of yarn.  This one is a fingering yarn so I am holding it double, one from the middle and one from the outside.  Works like a charm!  This one is Breezy Baby Hat by Knitted Moon.

I read about this book a few months ago but it jumped out at me this weekend and I knew I wanted to read it now.  Fortunately we had a coupon and a gift card.  I am only just begun but I can see myself falling into this memoir.

Linking up with Ginny's Yarn Along this week.

6 comments:

Lori said...

Just read the review and it sounds like a book I would enjoy.

Sue said...

Your hat looks excellent. I see its for babies. Do you know of a similar one for teenagers. I thought you may know off the top of your head ( haha excuse the pun) as its so time consuming looking through all the books and sites. I would appreciate your advise.
I must see if I can get that book through my library in NZ.

wakeupandwrite said...

I heard about this book today on NPR, sounds like a read I want to look into.

steph said...

I've said.....if you only read one book this year, this is the one. I LOVED IT. Hope you enjoy it as much as i did.

karen said...

knitting hats are like eating hershey kisses, so easy and doable and you cannot eat just ONE. Love your yarn :)

Karen said...

I just finished reading this and can certainly recommend it. It's a powerful memoir, one that will stay with me for a long time.