Sunday, March 27, 2016

Slow stitching

Outside my window, the birds are singing and the sun is working very hard to break through the clouds.  It looks like a rainy, blustery day so the egg hunt at church will probably move inside.  I don't think the children will mind.
I finally took the plunge with Sue Spargo's Instastich.  I have my first block sewn and have begun the embroidery.  It is a great lap project.
I also finished a third little hat for our next donation project.  These little hats will be going to Mongolia.  I have cast on two shawls this weekend.  One takes a bit more focus than the other so I can go back and forth depending on what is happening around me.
I have finished my blocks for Lori's doll quilt swap and have chosen the border fabric.  Hope to get that finished this evening so I can start the hand quilting.  
Looking forward to a family meal after church and then time to pick up my needles this evening.
Be sure to visit Kathy to see what others are stitching this week.



5 comments:

Lori said...

That looks really cute! Love the hats too!!
Happy Easter my friend. He is risen!!

cajunquilter said...

I don't remember hearing of the instastich. Will have to do a search. It looks fun. Love the hats. I too usually have easy and more involved quilting and knitting projects going at the same time.

Jennifer said...

Your instastich is very nice as are your stitches. Cute little hats and what a great project to work on.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

So far I've resisted Instastitch, but it's kind of starting to call my name. Yours is looking great!

Shasta Matova said...

That instastitch project is fabulous! Gorgeous!