Friday, March 11, 2016

Oh lovely Friday (with some bits of fiber included)


This was a short work week, sort of.  We had three days with kids and two days attending a conference.  Day one was for program directors and it was fun to attend with some of the ladies in my directors group.  Short weeks sound wonderful but I always have trouble keeping track of the days.  I had to remind myself on Wednesday that the next day would not be Friday. Does that ever happen to you?  

While I did not have as much time to stitch by hand as I would have liked this week, the weekend looks quite promising.  And I was able to catch up on a few crafty podcasts as I drove back and forth to meetings.  Kate at A Playful Day has recently returned to podcasting.  I always enjoy her thoughtful ponderings and interviews with crafters.  She has asked this question:

What does making mean to YOU? What brings you joy? What are your frustrations? What do you secretly wish to achieve and what can we do as a community to help make that happen?

I cannot remember a time when making was not a part of my life.  I learned how to sew at an early age from my mother.  My grandmothers taught me to knit.  I have dabbled with paper crafting over the years.  I also consider my kitchen time as making time.  For me, the joy of making (a quilt, a hat, a journal page, a new recipe) is all about the process.  I also love to hear and talk about that process with others which is the fun of blogging.  I am learning to stay away from challenge groups and enjoy whatever pace each project needs.  Sometimes it is a quick one but the long time lines are also lovely.

Tomorrow I am crossing the start line on my first run since the Rock 'n Roll half marathon last summer.  I am excited that my foot has not bothered me for months.  Also excited to be running with my daughter. Enjoy your Friday and weekend ahead!

4 comments:

audrey said...

I spy some circles.:) Making means so much to many of us. So thankful to be able to enjoy it in my life.

Lori said...

Pouring cats and dogs here, cold and windy.....was going to run a 5K. Hoping the weather changes by 9AM. I don't want to be a wussy, but just coming off the flu, don't need to get sick either.
I hope your weather and run is a good one!

Caffeine Girl said...

My daughter just ran her first 5K, and she was thrilled. I used to run, but foot problems put an end to that. It would be fun to run with your daughter!

Growing up, I was the only crafter in my family. Now I have a crafty SIL, and it is nice to have company!

Judy S. said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Where in WA are you?