Monday, March 7, 2016

Kitchen Mondays

I will admit that the first time I saw these bars I said they looked like dog food.  But, they are very tasty and a great protien source.

I also found the mayo that Lori wrote about and it is really good!  I made a simple salad for lunch this week.  In my salad container I put:
1/2 cup chopped chicken breast
1/2 chopped apple
2 stalks celery chopped
1 persian cucumber chopped
1/2 lime
In two small containers I put a tablespoon of the mayo and some sunflower seeds.
When it was time for lunch, I squeezed the lime juice on the salad, added the mayo and seeds and mixed them up.  It was really wonderful.  I am planning to repeat but maybe add some thinly slice cabbage this time.  A bit of green onion would be another great add.
Now a question.  Do you have a kitchen scale?  I am contemplating buying one.  I would really like to have a better idea of how much things weigh.  I try to be conservative and use the palm of your hand method but this might be a next step.
Happy Monday!  Enjoy your kitchen time.

3 comments:

steph said...

i like the packaging of these.....reason enough sometimes for me to try something!!! I haven't seen them here locally---i'm in the midwest; everything gets here after the rest of the world is already enjoying it!!!

Lori said...

I have to say I haven't seen the bars yet.
I'm looking for salad dressing made by Primal Kitchen. So far, I'm not having any luck. Your salad sounds delish!
I do have scales that I've used from time to time, (mostly in my Weight Watcher days) and think they are wonderful to give you an idea of what 4 oz looks like, or any other weight.

Melissa said...

We do have a kitchen scale . . . and it's been extremely helpful in logging our eating and helping us adjust to the "correct" portion sizes.