Sunday, February 21, 2016

slow stitching Sunday


My plan to use pink, reds, and purples has come to a stall - I just don't have much of a stash bin for these colors.  But I am making my way and hope to get caught up this evening.  I find appliqueing circles to be very soothing which is perfect for slow stitching and Sundays.
The second block for the Sue Spargo BOM arrived this week.  My inclination was to keep the envelope sealed until I had finished the first block but Anna had heard the advice of another quilter to open it up and get it cut and prepped.  So that is what I did.  I have all the wool pieces cut and the cotton pieces basted to the background.  Another great project to have next to my TV viewing chair, in case I run out of circles!  I am getting inspired to try some new ideas for my March circles by Stephie's beautiful work.
And be sure to visit Kathy to see the lovely, slow stitching being shared.

4 comments:

Marie said...

It's so much fun watching everyone's circles develop - love it!

The Cozy Quilter said...

I will be watching for your sue spargo block. Nice circles...good way to use up scraps!

karen said...

Love that the circles are soothing and fun. Sounds quite meditative :)

Quilter Kathy said...

I am not doing the circle sew along, but I do have some circles to applique when I start putting my Life is beautiful blocks together... that will be fun!