Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Needles, threads, and a new book

I have started something new - so many shiny new projects!  A bit of embroidery for the joy of stitching.  I was reminded of this idea when I read about Steph's slow stitching February.  I knew right away that I wanted to get back to some simple and slow stitches.  I pulled out a lovely piece of blue linen and some soft, grey thread and began with a circle - of course.  I am not planning this out.  Just letting the thread make a texture on the fabric.  
I have the book, Slow Stitch on my Kindle.  I also picked up Flunking Sainthood when I was lingering at the library recently.  My current work schedule is a bit jagged so I am holding on to this idea of one day at a time, slowing down when I can and where I can, and enjoying the tiny moments.
Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Let me know how you like the book. The title is sure an attn grabber!!

karen said...

Love the stitching and the fabric!! Interesting book, can't wait to hear what you think.