Monday, February 29, 2016

Kitchen Mondays

I try very hard to eat whole foods and stay away from packaged items.  But a girl has to snack every now and then and last week I discovered this at my local store.  It is a spread, similar to hummus, but made from cashews.  The label says there are 8 servings in this container and I am working to pay attention to the label information when I do buy packaged items.  This spread is very creamy and tastes great!  I have been putting it on cucumber, celery, and sliced apples. 
What are your go-to snacks?  I am trying to be intentional about having protein and fat in my snacks to keep my blood sugar in balance (something I am learning about from the Dishing Up Nutrition podcasts).

1 comment:

Lori said...

That looks delicious! My go-to snack lately is hummus and veggies or yogurt with berries.