Thursday, February 18, 2016

essentials


It's funny how a short work week always ends up feeling more packed than the five day routine.  Yesterday I felt rushed all day.  But after dinner, I was able to pick up my needle and thread for a bit of hand work and I felt so much more relaxed.  I am loving how this next border for my basket quilt is coming along.  And while I have fallen behind in my circle stitching, I do have a little stack all ready to go.  I have reached a point in my knitting where the process takes a bit less brain power so that is fun.  I even found a beautiful print to make a new tunic to wear with the vest.
The things that bring me joy take time.  But I found myself getting swallowed up in the busy-ness that chips away precious minutes from my day.  So I am looking to what can go.  Because these things, my knitting and quilting, reading and running, writing and blog posting, they need to be here.  
What are your essentials?
Happy Thursday!


2 comments:

Lori said...

That's a great list of essentials for good all around health and happiness!

karen said...

I think we have similar essentials :) Love that you have a way to center yourself. Oh I walk instead of run :)