Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Books and yarn (finally)

I have really been stalling on my knitting.  This vest starts out with a chart on 240 stitches and I really had to pay attention.  But last night I hit the place where there is a bit of chart at the front center but the rest is stockinette so it should move along more quickly.  
My current read is Nothing to Envy.  I picked this book up on a recommendation last year and it showed up on the reading list for the book group at church so it seemed a good time to read it.  My last book, Flunking Sainthood, was fun but I abandoned it after a few chapters.  I read a very similar book last year.  I might try it again in the summer but for now, I retuned it to the library so another reader could give it a try.
I had to use an alarm clock for the first time in a very long time today.  Looking forward to a four day weekend and some time to unwind a but.
Happy Wednsday!
linking up with Ginny today.

5 comments:

Valerie Reynolds said...

I have the hardest time reading a book during the school year as I usually get so caught up in it...I stay up too late reading!! LOL!!! Happy Wednesday.

Jennie in GA said...

Lovely yarn. Will be eager to see our project. I will be interested in hearing what you think of that book. I am contemplating it.

Elaine said...

Lovely yarn, I like the colour you have chosen

karen said...

glad you were able to get some knitting in and eep to the alarm clock, so not fun!!

Elise said...

Gorgeous yarn colour, sounds like a scary chart though! :)