Wednesday, January 27, 2016

shall we finish a few things this year?

Wednesday have shifted for me.  I am teaching on Wednesdays so I am in the classroom for the morning.  I still have my admin time after the students go home but being with the  kids has changed my perspective.  I love being reminded of what is important and also what is not.  This is a good thing. 
And somehow I stumbled on to a blog that I know I have visited before but it was a great day to rediscover.  Kris and Peg have been hosting the OPAM group for years.  And, being the joiner that I am, I have signed up for the year.  I didn't have to think about it very long because I know I have plenty of fabric projects that I would love to finish up this year.  I finished my tunic dress this week so that is my January finish.  And this lovely prayer pocket quilt will be first up for February.  I am about 3/4 finished with the big stitch quilting.  Then I will add the word prayers in applique or stitching and get it bound.  I started this one in 2010, not long after we began to see Alzheimer's take mom further away from us.  I would love to have it finished and hanging on my wall this spring.
Now I just need to survey my almost finished projects and make a plan to finish one project a month. 

2 comments:

Pink Kicks said...

How do you find time between your work and exercise and crafting to get all of your crafting done? I absolutely love crafting....but my crafty side has been on the back burner while I've been focusing on my education and exercising!

Lori said...

Always good to finish projects. I liked that one in the photo a lot. I bet it brings some sad memories though.