Sunday, January 10, 2016

savoring slow




I am trying to pace myself with this project.  I had an idea that would result in a wall quilt but I don't really want/need another wall quilt.  I have plenty of fabric to make a larger quilt.  And my recent machine quilting success has given me the confidence   to finish a larger quilt.  So I am letting the design evolve.  The center is a group of free cut, hand appliquéd baskets.  Then there will be triangles and squares, lots of grey and bright fabrics, maybe some more appliqué.  This one might be on the design wall for awhile and I am going to joy very minute.

Be sure to visit Kathy to see more slow stitching projects.

6 comments:

scraphappy said...

Sounds like a fun quilt in the works. Hopefully the larger size will be just what you need to snuggle up under.

Lori said...

Sounds like a great idea and quilt in the works!!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

The process is worth savoring! Enjoy your stitching today!

Deb A said...

The quilts that let us relax as we listen to what they want are usually the stunners. Enjoy working on your quilt. It sounds like it will be lovely.

Jess said...

Big quilts are perfect for snuggling under during movie nights 😉 I approve!

Ellen said...

Sounds like the perfect plan for you. Snuggling under a quilt really is a joy!