Sunday, January 24, 2016

plenty of slow stitching

Plenty of slow stitching happening around here.  I am all caught up on my Quilty 365 circles - even added some smaller circles this week.  I finished the first border on my basket quilt.  Letting it chill on the design wall while I wait for inspriation for the next border.
And, I am just starting my Sue Spargo 2016 BOM.  Because the pattern in unpublished, Sue and Mary have asked that we do not share our blocks and I am happy to comply.  Instead, I am showing you the front of a Sue Spargo needle book I made a number of years ago.  I took time to fill it up with all the supplies I will need for my blocks.  And while I was doing that, I sorted my threads.  I put them in color families and was a bit dismayed to find that I do not have any brown thread!   Nothing between tan and chocolate brown.  I guess I need to hit the fabric store because I have a few brown circles that I hope to stitch this week.
Hope your week gave you come time to stitch.  I am excited to be getting so much sewing done this month.
Linking up with Kathy today.

5 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

It's good to survey the stash, at least you discovered the short coming before you sat down to stitch. Have fun with your slow stitches today.

The Cozy Quilter said...

I have been enhancing my thread stash each time I am in a store with aurafil thread. I still need a few more colours to round out my collection! Your applique project is cute!

Lori said...

Your thread looks fun without the brown! I have browns in every shade! LOL

thecraftyyak said...

I don't have any brown either! Love your little bird and button embellishments

Quilter Kathy said...

Interesting that you are asked not to post... most designers encourage the publicity.
Looks like you did a great job on the small circles... they are tricky!