Wednesday, January 20, 2016

pink yarn and good books

I cast on my vest but the chart takes some concentration so I pulled out a ball of pink yarn and started a small hat for our next donation project.  I am adding some white stripes too. 
This is week two of the Courage Works online class and I am right on track.  I am enjoying the combination of the videos, reading, and writing. 
My cookbook shelf is pretty full but I so often make the same things over and over and forget to pull out my cookbooks.  At the cooking class I took last weekend, the instructor mentioned this book that was sitting on my shelf (it is geared to feeding a family with children but don't let that stop you).  The recipes are perfect for the dietary changes I am making.  I used a bunch of bright, orange sticky notes to mark some new recipes.  Yesterday I  made a batch of sweet potato egg cups which will make my teaching mornings a lot easier to navigate.
Would love to stay and chat but it is time to pack my lunch and head out to work.  Happy Wednesday!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Sounds like you are staying on track for 2016! Have a wonderful day!!

Jess said...

Looking for anti inflammatory recipes, so hoping you will share :)

karen said...

hats are like hershey kisses, bite sized!! glad you had the idea and the yarn to cast on.