Wednesday, January 6, 2016

needles and books

I cast on a sock.  It is a toddler size, with a lovely yarn that was gifted to me last year.  I have just finished the cuff and I am getting comfortable with the double pointed needles.  I picked up Knitting Rules at my library (recommened by a number of Ravelry members) and have been enjoying her humor.
I am also on pace with my cirlces.  It is January 6 and I have 6 circles stitched.  I have a few more cut and ready to go.  This weekend I will need to get a nice stack of those ready to stitch.
I finshed listened to My Grandmother Asked me to Tell You She is Sorry and after a wobbly start, I really enjoyed this book.  I also finished Our Souls at Night and enjoyed that one too.  My dad is learning how to be alone after 63 years of marriage so I connected with the main characters.
Most exciting new - I signed up for a class at the Sister's show for July.  I will have to wait to see if I got in - fingers crossed!
Be sure to visit Ginny to see what others are knitting and reading this week.

3 comments:

Lori said...

So many positive things happening and it is only the 6th! I love it!

karen said...

I'd love to read that book, I finished a man called ove and enjoyed it immensely! Love the wee sock and the circles.

Caroline said...

I love the Yarn Harlot - so funny. I will have to check out Our Souls at Night. My FIL is really struggling after losing my MIL this past summer. Lovely knitting start :-)