Friday, January 29, 2016

fiber Friday

The last Friday of the month!  Did January seem to go by too quickly?  Last weekend I spent some quality time with my sewing machine.  I got the border blocks done on my basket quilt, cut and basted some circles, played around with a house block that I want to make and finished my plaid tunic top.  I think I bought this fabric in November and even cut the pattern pieced well before Christmas break.  Then I got stalled and put it aside.  When I was looking for fabric scraps to make more circles, I found the pieces and decided to try and get this done. This is Dress No. 2 from 100 Acts of Sewing.  I think this is the 4th time I have used this pattern and each time I change a little something.  I did match the plaids, which wasn't as hard as it could have been since the plaid is pretty large and then I decided to cut the pockets on the bias to add a little zip.  I like the elbow length on the sleeves too.  I made this one a bit shorter so I could wear it with jeans and I have dubbed it my new teaching uniform.  And best of all, I have one project FINISHED for the month of January! 
We have in-service at work today but then it will be the weekend and I have some new inspiration for the next border on my basket blocks.  Hope you have some time for fiber in your Friday, or at least your weekend.  enJOY!

3 comments:

Lori said...

You look great and so does the outfit!!! Have a great weekend!

Melissa said...

What a nice tunic top!

Nancy said...

I love your top. What pattern did you use? I'd love to make one dress-length.
Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)