Wednesday, January 13, 2016

empty needles

I started a new knitting project but had a slight mishap with right side/wrong side row count so I have taken that project off the needles and will restart this weekend when I have a longer space of time to concentrate on establishing the pattern.
My book stack is taking shape.  I picked up A Long Walk to Water at my library to read for an Instagram book group.
Daring Greatly has been on my bookshelf for, well, let's just say long enough.  I did a daring thing and signed up for Brene Brown's online class that uses this book and Rising Strong so I am finally digging in.  The class has a nice pace and pairs reading, writing, and reflecting - three things on my list for 2016 practices.
Finally, I found Savor: Mindful Eating, Mindful Life when I was searching for another book by a similar name.  As I have been working to follow a nutrition plan this last week, I am finding the places where I eat without thinking.  Another thing on my 2016 practices list, eat well, eat enough, and appreciate this balance.
Middle of the week.  What are you reading these days?  Visit Ginny to check in too.

3 comments:

steph said...

some great reading suggestions...just added a couple to my 'list'!!!

Becca said...

Am trying to be better about eating this year, planning more and taking a proper lunch break more regularly. Sometimes even going outside (gasp!). Currently reading The Night Circus and American Gods. :) x

Jess said...

I hope you share how the class goes! Sounds very interesting.