Sunday, January 3, 2016

easing into the new year

What a lovely first weekend of the new year.  I had a chance to visit with friends in their homes, to make soup and knit with my daughters, to get to the trail with my husband, and to begin a new project that will have me slowly stitching away this year.  I started my 2016 gratitude journal (have your read One Thousand Gifts?)  I also learned how to use my pom pom makers and had to resist putting pom poms on all the hats I knit last year. 
Tomorrow I head back to work.  I will spend a bit of time in my classroom today (seems unreal to have my own classroom again) so I will be ready to play when my students arrive in the morning.  I imagine there will be much painting, dress-up, stories, and giggles.  I am also excited for a nutrition consult tomorrow afternoon to get me properly launched into a year of healthy eating.
Enjoy you day and visit Kathy to see the way others are starting off 2016 with some slow stitching.

8 comments:

Pink Kicks said...

Awesome start to 2016! Keep it going!!

Quilter Kathy said...

Sounds like a wonderful start to the new year!
That's a great photo to represent!

Lori said...

Yay! Sounds like a wonderful way to welcome the new year. I had to laugh about the pom poms! XOXO I know you'll love all the children that enter your classroom.

scraphappy said...

Great start to the new year. We aren't back to school until Tuesday, so I've got one more day to play! Lovely circles. Glad you didn't pom pom them too!

cajunquilter said...

What a great start to the year. Sounds like you will have fun and so will your students. They are very lucky.

CathieJ said...

It sounds like you had a great first weekend of 2016.

karen said...

beautiful weekend and how lucky to be with your daughters :) I am flipping through cookbooks and focusing on health for the two of us, after my son leaves for his school on Wednesday.

Kurt Schindler said...


Sounds like you are right on track for 2016. Being back in the classroom will be fun - gives you another perspective. Brought back memories of my teaching days - preschool and kindergarten. Happy times but now I am happy to be retired.

Charlotte