Saturday, January 9, 2016

celebrating fitness

In November, I made a commitment to a new fitness routine, working out 3 days a week with a trainer and bumping my running miles back up.  What I didn't really change was the way I had been eating.  It was the holidays and the temptations were great.
Going into 2016 I dropped my workout sessions to 2 times a week to give me more running time.  I also took advantage of the nutrition consult offered by the trainer.  There wasn't too much I didn't already know but sitting down and putting it on paper was a good step.  And of course knowing that I will be checking in with another person, you know, that accountability piece, is super important for me.  Today I was out early for my Saturday morning workout and I thought, this is something worth celebrating!
Linking up with Ruth and friends for a weekly round of celebrations today.

11 comments:

Bernadette Laganella said...

That is why I chose as my OWL perseverance because I want to stay with my fitness goals. I celebrate that you are off to a good start.

Linda B said...

Hi Juliann, & Happy New Year. Your goals & meeting them so far is cause to celebrate for sure. Have a great weekend.

Holly Mueller said...

Good for you for taking control of your fitness - it's a difficult commitment to make. I, too, recently started paying more attention to my food intake - it's making a big difference! Keep on keeping on!

Tara Smith said...

Bravo! I'm such a slacker when it comes to fitness, and always admire people like you who keep the commitment.

Crystal Brunelle said...

This is a true celebration. It can be difficult to get into healthy habits. Congrats! Also, this may be incentive for me to get moving again. Thanks!

Carol Varsalona said...

Juliann, you have given me another boost to go back to the gym and work out. I miss my yoga classes so if my rotator cuff tears can handle the exercise I will gear up for it. Happy 2016

Jennifer Laffin said...

Congratulations on getting back to your fitness goals!

Andi G said...

Well done you! The fact that you have made this a goal and are tackling it is an accomplishment in itself. Best of luck on this wonderful new journey!

Lori said...

It is worth celebrating!!

karen said...

good luck with your 2016 goals, I look forward to hearing all about your ideas and successes!!

Melissa said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog this weekend - glad you enjoyed it!

Sounds like you have a good fitness plan going. I started back last week with twice a week workouts with a trainer and making better eating choices!

Have a great week!