Wednesday, December 9, 2015

yarn not yet on the needles and an audio book

I have my orange shawl on the needles but I wanted to share something new and since I have not cast on, I thought I would show you my yarn that I want to cast on.  I bought this lovely yarn in Dublin at The Constant Knitter.  It is local, Irish yarn in a fingering weight.  Now, what to cast on is the question.  I think perhaps a shawl (I have about 200 yards of each color) perhaps come stripes would be fun.  Any ideas for a pattern?
We are having a very stormy week and it would be perfect for staying on the couch with some coffee and a book but alas, I must head out to work.  I am not sure where I heard about this book, maybe from Amanda.  It is an audio book read by the author.  Her style reminds me of Anne Lamott or Nora Ephron.  A very good listen.
Linking up with Ginny and friends today.  Enjoy!

6 comments:

Alina said...

Beautiful yarn! I knit Deep End shawl several months ago and I think it's a wonderful pattern for color experiments! And a very relaxing knit!

steph said...

I also knit deep end....a lovely shawl!!!

Pink Kicks said...

enjoy your time knitting and I can't wait to see the finished product. I'm trying to crochet an infinity scarf for my friend to have ready by wednesday next week!

Beth Coleman said...

Lovely yarn! I'll have to check out that book, sounds interesting.

CathieJ said...

I love the colors of that yarn.

karen said...

I hope when you read this comment you've cast on already. My orange shawl is soaking and will be blocked sometime today.