Wednesday, December 16, 2015

yarn and books, mid-december

I am not doing any gift knitting.  What I am doing is trying to use up some yarns from my stash.  I have two hats on my needles right now.  Both will go into the donation bag.  I think these will go to the women's shelter where ladies from church serve breakfast once a month.  A few years ago we knit pink and red hats and scarves for Valentine's day and each woman at the breakfast got to choose her own items.  I am hoping to have enough of these skeins left over to make a stripped hat too.
Just a few days until Christmas break.  I have two novels that are waiting patiently for me.  In the meantime, I picked up this Elizabeth Zimmerman book at the library.  I have heard much about Elizabeth and it is the kind of reading I can do when I am too tired to concentrate on fictional characters. 
I am excited to visit Ginny and see what others are knitting and reading this week.

9 comments:

karen said...

I have all of her books I think. I enjoy her writing style and of course her wisdom. whoever gets your hats is one very lucky person :)

Alina said...

I am ashamed to say that I haven't read a single book by Zimmerman, though my shelves are full of other reference knitting books!

Donna said...

It feels great to knit with stash yarn, doesn't it? I have that book and it's one of my favorites.

Lori said...

What books are on your reading list? I like the idea of warm hats. I wear one almost all the time.

Elise said...

That's a lovely idea for donating the hats - they're my favourite thing to make but I never know what I'd do with them if I didn't have a particular recipient in mind. I may have to see if there's something similar in my area :)

Paula, the quilter said...

I love EZ and have several of her books. I especially like her advice for sweater knitting without a pattern using your own number percentages. Written like that it sound very difficult but it isn't, I promise. And it results in a very well fitting sweater. Hats are my go to project and they use up bits and bobs of leftover yarns.

Eileen said...

Great book, i have all her DVD’s and loved watching them.

Pink Kicks said...

That's such a nice and lovely idea about donating to the shelter! Show us the finished product! Tuesday evening I finished crocheting an infinity scarf to give to the teacher that I've been working along side these past 5 weeks, she loved it!

Sarah said...

I am wishing for her DVD series for Christmas! I love her style of writing. Lovely hats, I imagine the ladies enjoyed that!