Saturday, December 26, 2015

one last 2015 celebrate post

So much to celebrate this week.  I must find a way to stay connected to the things that bring so much joy even when I am not on break from school. 
This week I have been reading and sipping coffee, knitting and sipping coffee, and stitching the binding off a lovely quilt (no coffee to accompany this task).  We have a wonderful Christmas Eve service with the chance to say hello to friends we don't see often enough.  Christmas day was slow and simple.  We had family over for a late lunch of home made tamales and roasted vegetables - maybe a new tradition.  Thoughts of mom floated in and out of these celebrations.  She loved Christmas eve worship and singing carols and she was happiest when we were all gathered around the dinner table.  Mom taught me to sew and to love reading.  Mom memories are something I want to record and celebrate more often in 2016.
I am contemplating a word for the new year but have settled on one yet. 
Today I am looking forward to a ride on the trail (yes, it is dry enough to take my bike out of the garage in December!) and cooking up a big pot of soup.  Tonight we will watch the second of the Lord of the Rings movies and I will finish that binding and perhaps start a new hat. 
Celebrating with Ruth and friends today and into the new year.

7 comments:

Linda B said...

You make your Christmas time very inviting. Glad you had the quiet time and the good memories, too. Have a lovely week ahead, getting ready for the new year!

Lori said...

Always nice when you can find joy in the everyday. It sounds like a year of new memories and contemplation.

Valerie Reynolds said...

Julianne, your post was like reading my own thoughts on paper!! Whe you wrote this: I must find a way to stay connected to the things that bring so much joy even when I am not on break from school. I thought....I am ALWAYS saying that!!! I love my job....but I'm loving my time off too.....Continue to enjoy and celebrate the little things in life. V:)

Valerie Reynolds said...

PS: I'm on my fourth year of picking a word....and right now have it down to a phrase...I'm getting close! LOL!! Looking forward to what word you choose!

Crystal Brunelle said...

I've been knitting and reading and sipping tea. I made a big pot of soup this evening too. We seem to be on similar schedules. :)

I have just started to ponder a word for the year. I wasn't so good at mine this year, so maybe I will keep it for a second year. We'll see.

Pink Kicks said...

That sounds wonderful! What kind of soup did you make?

Carol Varsalona said...

Glad to make your acquaintance. I love the thoughts about your Mom. My family had the same experience. We were surrounded by her handwork and memories. Good luck with choosing your word. At #NYEDChat on 1.4 at 8 pm we will be discussing our one words to guide our 2016 journeys. Join Me.