Friday, December 18, 2015

it was the Friday before Christmas break and . . .

there are hats off the needles!  I finished these two hats (just two, not really four) last night.  They were so fun to knit.  And there was some sewing going on in my sewing room yesterday - not me - but it was fun to know the machine was getting used! 
Today will be filled with children singing Christmas songs and parents grinning while they record the whole thing on their phone.  I will avoid the candy and treats and keep my carrots and apples close.  And at 3:00pm, we will be on Christmas break - not a minute too soon.
I am trying not to rush ahead to 2016 with plans and goals.  I want to savor the next week with family and good food and some time to sleep in and read and relax. 
Happy Friday!  Hope there is some fiber in your life this weekend.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Such cute hats!! Yes, rest and enjoy your work break!

karen said...

beautiful hats and have fun savoring family time!! then you and I can discuss 2016 goals :)

Valerie Reynolds said...

First, you hats are so adorable. I WISH I could knit. (My mom has tried to teach me three times, I always pull too tight) ANd yes, this next two weeks, with school out, is a perfect time to rejuvinate ourselves. ENJOY!! V:)