Tuesday, December 22, 2015

baskets!

When we first moved into our house, baskets were a big decorating feature (think Country Living circa 1987).   I had them everywhere and most of them were filled with stuff.  Over the years, I have tried to cut down on all the things that require dusting and my basket collection was shown the door.  But I do love baskets.  I have a few now, mostly to hold mail or knitting projects.  
Lori posted about some baskets she had made in a Gwen Marston class and it got me thinking about some baskets I started last spring.  I am not 100% sure where I got the inspiration for these, probably from a variety of sources (including Jan Patek and Audrey).  I just took pieces of freezer paper and free cut the baskets and appliqued them on some dark, grey fabric.  I started adding triangles and then got sidetracked.  This might be a fun way to begin 2016, adding some more triangle blocks and maybe some checker boards for a board.  We will see. 
I spent most of the morning in my sewing room doing some decluttering and digging out.  I cut out a tunic dress that I am hoping to sew next week.  Our Christmas celebrations are very low key which leaves plenty of time for playing with fabric.  Stay tuned.

4 comments:

Lori said...

What a fun batch of baskets! All the different shapes make it uniquely yours!

Karen said...

I think this would be a great way to start the new year.

audrey said...

I really love these baskets. So free spirited!

Jess said...

I love that little quilt! Dust free baskets for the win :)