Sunday, December 13, 2015

a soggy week

This has been the view most of the last two weeks.  We have had so much rain.  There are places that used to be dry fields that are now lakes.  Roads have been closed.  Tree branches litter the roads.  And my daily commute includes long lines of lights in the rear view mirror as we sit and wait.
I am thankful to live on a hill so we are not flooded. 
I am thankful for a reliable car that gets me where I am going.
I am thankful for audio books to help me pass the time.
I am thankful for a good raincoat and warm socks.
Not much sewing or stitching going on around here this week just lots of time snuggled under a warm quilt in the evenings.  This time next week I will be on Christmas break so there is hope.
Happy Sunday!. 

4 comments:

Pink Kicks said...

Rain rain...go away!! Hang in there!

Lori said...

Portland has had an amazing amount of rain. At least the mountains are getting snow here in Oregon.

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

Here in upstate New York it has been a strange start to the Winter! Rain or cloudy grey skies but no snow yet! Maybe by Christmas we may see a flake or two! Try to stay dry and warm and enjoy your soggy day :)
Tina xo

karen said...

I am sorry you've had so much rain, and we here could use some moisture! I live on a hill as well and that makes me worry less about flooding but walking up it is a challenge!