Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Yarn and words on paper

Last week I went to hear Anthony Doerr speak and now I want to read everything he has written.  I picked up About Grace at the talk.  I am just a few chapters in but already see it is a "hard to put down" book.  Fortunately we are heading into a long weekend with time to read and knit.
I knit this little Laurus hat in just two days and have cast on another one.  I also finished my Winterwander shawl this weekend.  
Visit Ginny to see more yarn and books posts - and be ready to add to your knitting nod reading lists!

10 comments:

EMMA said...

Cute hat. Will have to check out Anthony Doerr.

steph said...

serious 'elving' going on at your house!!! must look into this author (i'm a sucker for author-talks and always come home with a new title!!!)

Donna said...

What a pretty hat. I love the color work!

Jeanettebr said...

oh my gosh! that hat! two days? lovely just lovely. enjoy the rest of your week

Eileen said...

WOW you have blazing with those knitting needles!

Hanni said...

Lovely hat :)

Cathy said...

It is so wonderful to have a book you can't put down!!! And the topic looks very good~ Love the hat! I am knitting a scarf right now! hugs~

Lindsay said...

Love your hat! I'm jealous that you got to see Anthony Doerr in person... I've only been to one author signing and that was when I was in elementary school! I KNOW I'm going to love "All the Light We Cannot See" and I'm hoping to finally read it in January and start the new year off right!

Elise said...

Gorgeous hat, I love that design :)

Lori said...

I hope you are still enjoying the last half to your long weekend!! Love the hat! We need it here.