Sunday, November 15, 2015

slow stitching Sunday

Friday night was filled with dismay and sorrow as we watched the tragedy unfold in Paris.
Saturday morning, there was the newsletter from Sue Spargo sharing the news of her breast cancer diagnosis. 
This morning I decided to pull out my Imperial Blooms blocks and finish the decorative stitching.  Something to keep my hands busy while I pray for healing and peace for Sue and so many others around the world.

Be sure to visit Kathy and see how others are slowly stitching their way.

9 comments:

Balmoral Quilter said...

I love the whimisal feel of your work!

Lori said...

Fantastic idea, Juliann!!

Jennifer said...

I love your bright colors and pretty patterns. Prayer works.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Stitching can be very comforting! I too believe in the power of prayer! Enjoy your stitches today!

Denise :) said...

Yes -- beautiful sentiment. Joining you in prayer for those hurting and in need of healing around the world. Your work is whimsical and wonderful -- I love your bright, happy colors. :)

VivJM said...

Lovely work, and I think hand stitching allows us time to slow down and reflect and absorb sadness in a constructive way (if that makes any sense?)

The Cozy Quilter said...

Hand stitching time is good thinking time. Hard to make sense of everything sometimes.

LA Paylor said...

sewing mends the soul
LeeAnna at not afraid of color

Stephie said...

It is heartwarming to find so many quilters expressing their disbelief and sadness at such tragic world events this week. I hope your slow stitching at the weekend was a constructive and peaceful way through. Your blocks are very beautiful.