Sunday, November 22, 2015

making slow progress

Doesn't my coffee cup go well with this project?
I am stitching away, slowly, on my Imperial Blooms blocks.  I signed up for the 2016 Block of the Month from Sue so this is a good time to practice some of the stitches that are in her Creative Stitching book.  What I love about this book is the spiral binding.  Very easy to keep the page open on my side table.  Unfortunately, I did not do a very good job of keeping all the threads together with the patterns for each block so I am winging it with the threads.  I think this will just make it my own.
I finished my shawl this week.  Next up on the needles will be a color work hat.
I have discovered a new to me blog this week that has me thinking about setting some year end goals. 

Be sure to visit Kathy and see the lovely, slow stitching projects shared on her blog. 

8 comments:

Deb said...

This piece is lovely

Sarah said...

Your stitching looks great. I love Sue Spargo's work and would love to get hold of her creative stitching book, but its not available in the UK. I also didn't realise she was doing a block of the month for 2016. Must check that out thanks........!

Jennifer said...

Your work is beautiful. Love all the pretty colors in your Impreial Blooms block.

Quilter Kathy said...

I like a spiral binding on my books too. It makes it so much easier to actually use the book.
Enjoy your stitching!

CathieJ said...

What a pretty block.

Lori said...

What a great block!! I look forward to seeing the 2016 BOM.

Monica said...

I'm a big Sue Spargo fan, and your block looks amazing there. Just yesterday I was congratulating myself on NOT having a new BOM for 2016, so I can't decide if I should click that Sue Spargo link or not! But I hope you had a great day!

Janan Doster said...

Your stitching is beautiful. I saw that Sue Spargo has a new book out.
Is this the new one?
I think I would like one of her books!