Friday, November 13, 2015

Fridayful

In keeping with my goal to be intentionally grateful, I am expanding my Friday post beyond just fiber.  There is some lovley fiber going on in the form of a beautiful shawl (so  exciting to get to the second color).  But I am also working at rebooting my health and fitness practices. 
After reading Gretchen Rubin's book, I realize that I am an Obliger, more likely to meet outer expectation than inner expectations.  So a challenge run by someone else is much more effective than one I create (hence the lack of follow through on the quilt along). 
So I signed up for the #HolidaySweat challenge.
The #holidaysweat involves logging the number of minutes you exercise and tracking fruit and veggie consumption - aiming for 7-9 per day.  I made myself a little weekly card to record my success.  This challenge helps me make intentional choices about what I am eating and how much I am moving. 
So, knit a bit, walk a bit, eat more veggies, show up for my trainer sessions, remember to stretch, eat some more veggies - a full Friday to be sure.



6 comments:

Lori said...

It sounds like a good way to end the week!

audrey said...

Very interesting! I so enjoy reading about your challenges and goals.:)

Lynn Koeppen said...

That sounds like a great plan. Can you take a close-up picture of your card? We could all copy your idea and help each other out!

Pink Kicks said...

You got this!!! Lets see this card!!

Jennie in GA said...

Good luck! I took the test and I am an Obliger, too....dead on.

karen said...

I have a big big crush for that shawl, it is knitting up beautifully!