Friday, November 6, 2015

fiber friday

It will come as no suprise to most of you that I am a Helen Stewart fan.  I didn't do so well on the mystery shawl but that was because I did not choose the right colors.  I went with a pretty high contrast and it just isn't my style.  So I am hoping to pick that one back up after I replace the too dark yarn.  I left the first few clues on the needles so I can just go from there.
Yesterday, Helen's first Knitvent 2015 pattern was released.  This is another shawl and when I saw that one of the samples was knit in Purl Soho Line I was so excited.  I actually have two skeins of this yarn from our trip to New York!  I was happy to cast on and begin last night.  This is going to be a lovely shawl.
I don't have to go into work today so I am heading up to finish getting my orange peel blocks ready for my Midnight quilt. 
Hope there is some lovely fiber in your friday.

1 comment:

karen said...

you've got some pretty yarn there! now I'm off to see what you are knitting :)